Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Truth that sets you free

'And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.' John 8:32

How do we know the truth? When something is true for me I feel it deep within myself. That feeling always includes peace and usually joy as well. Even when I am not the happiest with the truth revealed, I am deeply grateful for the peace that actually knowing brings over assuming or guessing. And when I am not happy about a truth I realize that I have been holding expectations instead of allowing Divine will to be.

Why does the truth set us free? When I am living in truth there is no need to worry about what I have said or done. I live peacefully and in harmony with all that is. As I live in truth, I draw to me others that live in truth, thus our relationships are designed to thrive.

~ Grounded in truth ~

No comments: